Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Gym Do's and Don'ts

I feel like that I have taken way too much time off from the gym and have forgot proper behaviors or techniques.
There are a few things that I have quickly come to realize again after making my return.
1.  Never use a paper toilet seat cover after a hard workout.  It's more of a workout to pick the tiny pieces off your ass that the 5 mile run you just finished up with.
2. Pick your workout buddies wisely, if you have to look at them in a staff meeting every week are they really someone who you want to change with in the locker room?
3.  Cut off sleeves on your "Beat It" t-shirt isn't cool no matter how much weight you have dropped.
4.  The mirror in the weight room isn't a place to remove your shirt and check out your guns.
5.  Slamming your fingers in between 2 weights hurt, no matter how light they are.
6.  Doesn't matter if you stand in the back of the CardioKicks class, people will still be able to see that you have no coordination and saying that you are drunk is not an excuse on a Sunday morning.  Which means my "friends" that encouraged me to show them my round house kicks after a few beers were laughing at me, not with me.

Today I managed to get up at 4:15am and head to a spinning class at the gym.  Losing this weight that I have gained is definitely long overdue.  I think my flab on my thighs and arms were still shaking when I made it into work this morning.
I did do well with my eating until dinner.  It was a beautiful day in Seattle and a few of us were going to go run a few miles at the lake before heading out for Mexican.  I somehow managed to talk my friend out of the run and just go eat.  So tomorrow is a new day and a chance to start fresh.  With that being said I do need to post my muffin top stats and post some pics.  I hope to have those things posted this weekend.
Thanks everyone for their support!!

1 comment: