Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I saw the light in Rosie O'Donnell's eyes...........

Who would have thought Rosie would ever speak to me???  I mean, she did slam the Donald, which by the way was great, but never did I think she would reach out and touch me (figuratively).  Today it was impossible to get out of bed when the alarm went off at 4:10 because I was up later than usual because I couldn't turn away from "Jersey Shore"  I know, that's a whole other problem, different blog........
Anyway, I was feeling pretty good about the day and then that came to a scratching halt when I had a patient tell me good luck with my baby, implying that I was pregnant.  Unless I am pregnant with a boa constrictor wrapped around my waist then I'm not pregnant!  I just know that when I swim I already have a built in inner tube which means that I can drink while swimming and not drown.  As I walked out of the office and my ears started burning, thoughts started running through my head, chocolate and wine, how I wish that I had situational turrets.  But I decided that chocolate and 2-buck Chuck would only give me joy for a moment, I would be angry tomorrow.  So I came home and put on a pair of sweat pants.  Then I started thinking about my race next month and the thought of possibly doing a mini triathlon, I dropped the sweats and threw on workout gear.  (I know what you are thinking, the world just ain't ready to see this hard body in spandex)  So I jumped on the treadmill and started watching my bootleg tv that I am so graciously able to get through sling box and internet.
I never thought I would be a reality tv junkie but I really have gotten into these weight loss programs.  (and Jersey Shore, Cops, 1st 48, 16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom both 1 &2.........) But this one show in particular caught my attention even though it's not that great, but it's called Ruby.  I don't really know the background of this gal or why she got a tv show, but anyway she was hanging out with Rosie.   Rosie started talking about her weight loss and gain, how she struggled.  Rosie was down to her thinnest and she was pumping gas and some guys stopped to help and one hot guy gave her his phone #.  She jumped in the car and stopped to get ice cream.  She was scared of being hurt and exposing herself that she went and ate.  She didn't want to be recognized as an attractive woman, she thought people only recognized her for her humor.  There is much more to this story but the point I am trying to get to is that I think that I'm scared because I would rather get lost in the crowd, I don't want to be exposed or hurt.   Anyway, I think most of you who know me know what my back story is and why I feel this way.  This is why I'm starting a blog.  I don't want to get super deep, that's what my therapist is for, but I am ready to expose myself so I can lose the weight for good.
A little follow up to yesterday's blog:
Don't jump on a running treadmill sideways, you WILL roll your ankle......

No comments:

Post a Comment